5-min setup time
The first step after you have downloaded LemonEdge or if your license has expired is to update your license in-app and verify it.
Prior to this, you will be receiving invalid license errors as shown below - this error will prompt you at every login:
There are several license types:
A time limited trial license for development and testing. Not valid for production. Only provides access to the LemonEdge client applications requiring a direct SQL Server connection and does not provide access to the services, or tools required for production use such as the web/task services.
A full license for internal development and testing. This license is not valid for production use either.
Provides access to the full suite of LemonEdge client, services and tools.
A full license for internal development, testing, and client implementations. This license is not valid for production use either. Provides access to the full suite of LemonEdge client, services and tools.
Valid licenses for production use come in 3 tiers with various different capabilities. They are all valid for production use, see our pricing guide for a detailed explanation:
1. LemonEdge installed and updated
2. License Key (provided by LemonEdge in your onboarding emailIf you do not have a license key email email@example.com with the following information so a license key can be generated for you:
- Your Company Name
- A valid company email
- License Type
Your License Key is a long character string that begins with two characters e.g. 'AZ' and ends with '==', an example is shown below:
Once you have received your license it will come in the following format:
Max External User Count: XX
Max Production Databases: XX
Max Custom Objects: XX
- Launch LemonEdge
- Login as an admin
- Navigate to the 'Open Architecture' Tab at the top of the page, then select account maintenance.
4. Select your root account (with the unique account ID: 1)
5. Enter your license information precisely into the License Info tab on the right side of the page following the given format:
- License Name
- License Email
- License Type
- License Expiry
- Max External Users
- License Max Production Databases
- License Max Custom Objects
6. Once you have entered that information correctly, select the green menu button and select 'Update', a pop-up box should open where you will need to copy and paste the long license key string into.
7. Once you have done that, reopen the green menu button and select 'Verify'.
8. If you have completed the process correctly, you will receive this pop-up notification.
9. Click 'Save' to save your changes.
10. If any of the license details have not been entered exactly you will get an error.
- Verify everything is entered exactly as you've been provided, and try the "Update" license command a few more times to make sure there are no typos.
The next time you launch LemonEdge you will no longer have any invalid license errors.
The LemonEdge application, services, and tools are protected by copyright and international treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.